1. Health
Anne Asher

Injury At the Chiropractor's

By June 16, 2008

There are chiropractors and there are chiropractors.  Is your chiropractor legit?
Photo: Michael J.
Summerville
Quite a stir is being created in Canada (and beyond), where last year, a young woman suffered a stroke, presumably at the hands of a chiropractor. Minutes after her neck adjustment, she felt dizzy and had to be taken to the emergency room. Now she lies in bed at Glenrose Hospital in Edmunton, paralyzed. She has filed a class action lawsuit against Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors and the provincial government for half a billion dollars, according to cbc.ca. The lawsuit claims both her vertebral arteries were ruptured by the adjustment, which interrupted blood flow to the brain, and caused a stroke.

Samples of what people around the 'net have been saying:

• How do we know she wasn't already at risk for a stroke? Perhaps it was going to happen anyway.
  • Other health care sectors have even higher rates of error – shouldn’t we be punishing them, too?
  • Chiropractors choose not to be medical, so you can’t really compare their errors to those of the medical establishment.
  • VAI is a rare injury and this event has been sensationalized.
  • Are chiropractors dangerous? How can you tell if yours is legit?
  • There are chiropractors and there are chiropractors. Some make mistakes and cause irreparable damage, but going after the profession as a whole won’t work.

How about you? Knowing about VAI, would you still go see a chiropractor for your neck pain? Let us hear your comments.

Sources:
The Canadian Press Paralyzed Alberta woman sues chiropractors, province for $500M
YouTube.com Sandy Nette’s Story

Related:

Comments
June 16, 2008 at 5:06 pm
(1) Paul says:

This news story is uncanny for me. Just this week, I was inquiring into getting my wife to try chiro for her lower back pain. And then this story pops up.

Needless to say, I am now frightened about anyone in my family trying chiro.

p.s. I happen to live in the same city as the plaintiff, Sandra Nette.

June 17, 2008 at 8:36 am
(2) Heather says:

I knew about VAI already – my mother’s mother died from it post adjustment when my mother was about 20. I wouldn’t use a chiropractor just out of respect for my mother’s feelings, even if it didn’t concern me!

June 17, 2008 at 9:33 am
(3) backandneck says:

Heather, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Thanks for your comment.
Anne

June 19, 2008 at 11:24 am
(4) Ryan says:

I have being seeing a chiro for many years for headaches (the only thing that works by the way). I feel for the woman who got hurt but $500M! This seems a little too sensationalistic to me. I will still be getting neck adjustments by the way.

June 23, 2008 at 5:33 pm
(5) Peter says:

The notion that a chiropractic adjustment can cause a stroke by tearing the arteries in the neck is FALSE and is not supported by a shed of credible science. A recent study published in the journal SPINE reported that you are just as likely to suffer from a dissection of the carotid/ vertebral artery after seeing a MEDICAL DOCTOR or Chiropractor. The rates are the SAME. This means that Chiropractic adjustments’ can’t be the cause. chances are the dissection was causing the neck pain to begin with. It is impossible to distinguish difference between this pain and just regular neck pain. If the patient has no risk factors for arterial dissection then the doctor most likely not order a very expensive MRA that will show the tearing in the arteries. In the case of the Canadian doctor the national insurance will not let the chiropractor order this test anyhow. This whole topic is distracting people from the REAL issue: The recommended treatment by the Medical establishment is Non steroidal anti-inflammatory or NSAIDs. NSAIDs KILL 16,500 people a year in the US alone and injure hundreds of thousands more! Therefore, if you don’t want to die from that poison you are taking every day stop and go to a chiropractor. Chiropractic is 100 years old and has helped millions of people world wide. If they killed people then it would not be one of the fastest growing professions in the country.

June 25, 2008 at 12:33 pm
(6) Debbie says:

Thankfully I had no vertebral arteries ruptured, but I did have 3 disks ruptured by a chiropractor, but like everything else it is not the profession but the individual who is providing treatment. I personally now see an acupuncturist instead of a chiropractor and this is working for me. I wouldn’t totally rule out chiropractic care, since I have seen some people that it has helped better then any other treatments that are out there. JUST DO YOUR RESEARCH before you trust your fragile body to anyone for any type of treatment, no matter how simple the procedure.

June 27, 2008 at 11:14 pm
(7) Camila says:

Interesting discussion. For Peter I have one question. There is pretty solid scientific evidence that NSAIDS are effective at decreasing body aches and pains in many diseases. What is the scientific evidence that chiropractic manipulations do?

And Debbie, how can I do my research about a chiropractor? Are chiropractors required to report their bad outcomes? And do they?

Thanks

July 2, 2008 at 4:02 pm
(8) Peter says:

Yes, just go to http://www.chiro.org.

July 12, 2008 at 11:14 pm
(9) Bonny says:

I’ve always been a bit leary of going to a chiropractor, even though my Dad went almost every week. My back isn’t in terrible shape, but I’ve been advised by several medical practitioners I need my middle back checked out after an injury I sustained as a child. (Silly me, what was I thinking? I tried to do a backflip on a concrete pad).

Needless to say, I’ve heard my fair share of horror stories too, and being a Canadian makes this a bit harder to swallow. I think I too will stick with my acupuncturist for now, as well as my yoga practice.

January 24, 2009 at 6:30 pm
(10) Eileen says:

I suffered from daily headaches for over 15 years and relied heavily on NSAIDs to manage my pain and be able to function. Who knows what kind of damage that might have done or continued to do? A few months ago I began chiropractic treatment, with neck adjustments, and am now totally pain (and OTC painkiller) free. My energy level has gone through the roof and my entire quality of life is enhanced. I believe my risk of stroke was higher before the neck adjustments.
Like anything else, you must be in the hands of a skilled Chiropractor that you trust, and you must be completely open about your medical history so he/she can make the right decisions for you. I am blessed to have found such a Dr. and intended to continue my treatments.

January 26, 2009 at 10:01 pm
(11) Brandy says:

I am 25 yrs old and was perfectly healthy until about a month ago. I experenced a mild headache lasting for about 10 days when I decided to go see my family physician. They performed an MRI and a CT scan which came back completely normal. My PF diagnosed me with sinusitis and gave me sinus medication. After a few more days, I decided to go see a chiropractor because of all the great things I’ve heard. She manipulated my neck and caused a Vertebral Artery Dissection. While in the hospital, they performed an MRA and another CT scan which clearly showed the stroke and dissection. Because of this, I wouldn’t recommend the risk to your health by going to a chiropractor. While the chances seem to be very low, the damage can be fatal. Hope this helps.

February 24, 2009 at 1:49 pm
(12) Samuel Yoder says:

There are currently 43 Random Control Trials that demonstrate Spinal Manipulative Therapy (or adjustments) are beneficial for Low Back Pain. Of all the trials that have been conducted, not one proved negative, and most proved more efficient and successful than medicine in relieving pain and returning workers to their jobs in less time, and is DEFINITELY less costly. For headaches, the 12 plus RCTrials that have been conducted have shown chiropractic manipulation to be about on par with medicine, with no negative effects. The capacity for a neck adjustment to cause a tear in the vertebral arteries is NOT considered possible, the neck would have to turn past 180 degrees or more (basically you would break it first), BUT, it is believed that rotation of the atlas MIGHT actually exacerbate a stroke waiting to happen, the kind seen in upper cervical adjustments done by any chiropractor. But this same rotation occurs every time you back out of your driveway. So no one knows for certain what correlation exists between cervical adjustments and strokes, though there may be one, if incredibly slight.

July 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm
(13) Lloyd Bell says:

I’m a Georgia attorney currently representing a young woman in her mid-20′s who suffered a stroke within hours of a chiropractic cervical manipulation. She was diagnosed with bilateral (both sided) vertebral artery dissection and brain stem stroke. Her life has been turned upside down. I tell anyone who will listen that they should NEVER let a chiropractor manipulate their neck for just this reason.

July 25, 2009 at 2:17 am
(14) Cathy says:

Peter,
YOU are completely mistaken. Chiropractic adjustments DO cause vertebral artery injuries. I suffered a stroke on the chiropractor’s table just 3 years ago. The damage caused by that adjustment is very clearly shown on my 8 MRI’s. I was only 40, I did not have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, I didn’t smoke, I was not taking birth control pills. My right vertebral artery was injured and then collapsed. This injury took place in my chiropractor’s office and my symptoms were evident immediately following the adjustment. I hadn’t even gotten up, yet. You will NEVER convince me that chiropractors don’t cause these injuries!

December 12, 2009 at 1:28 am
(15) chiropractor billings mt says:

sometimes even if you have faith on your chiropractor still there’s a time that he can create mistake. thats why even if you are concerned with your health better to consult with the doctors.

March 11, 2010 at 6:45 pm
(16) soon2bPT says:

Why go to a chiropractor and take a chance, when you can go to a Physical Therapist and actually get some results. Chiropractors never actually heal anyone as you have to keep going back for more adjustments. Physical therapy actually strengthens relieves tension in those muscles that are causing you all of your headaches.

My mother suffered back injury while lifting a heavy box. Her physician referred her to a chiropractor who performed all of their standard adjustments which only made things worse. She told her chiropractor this and he told her that it was all in her mind. So she went through this vicious cycle of starting to feel better then going to see her chiropractor for her scheduled visit for months. She finally got fed up with this chiropractor and went and got some x-rays taken only to find out she had a herniated disk which was made worse with every adjustment. Chiropractors don’t heal, they’re only after your money. Do some research on how chiropractic was founded. You’ll be shocked!!

May 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm
(17) t conway says:

these chiropractors do more harm than good

May 18, 2010 at 5:27 pm
(18) Tom Bossart says:

Everyone should have the abiltiy to have their day in court if the feel they have been wronged. I cansay that the issue of iatrogenisis, injruy at the hands of a doctor, should not beone of great concern when seeing a chiropractor. The issue of chiropractic adjsutemnts injuring the vertebral artery or caraotid artery is not a new one. However, there is so little incidence of this event it has proven very ellusive to study. Best estimates of risk range wildy from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 10,000,000 adjustments. In comparrison, for example, traditional medical treatment using low dose asprin kills over 2000 people a year in the USA. Adverse drug reactions in hosptical setting kill an average of well over 100,000 and injure 2 million a year in the USA. Chiropractic care is far far safer than traditional medical care over all…without all the facts it is hard to comment on this particular case intelligently.

May 20, 2010 at 12:34 am
(19) hedy says:

My daughter went to a chiropractor for an assessment; but he said he knew her problem….she told him she was having an MRI; but he said it was not necessary. He then had her lie down, take each leg, twist and slam them until he heard a pop, then pushed down with tremendous force on her thoracic area, grabbed her from behind in a powerful bear hug….result….ruptured discs, inflamed SI joints. This guy’s name is DR. Varga in Hamilton…if anyone else has had a bad experience with him…please let me know. Thanks!

June 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm
(20) Manipulating PT says:

This discussion is always filled with sad stories of people who suffered strokes at the hands of chiros and then chiros denying the dangers of manipulation. People, the danger is there…but it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get a manipulation! 99% of VAI is due to a rotational manipulation at C1-2. There are safe techniques that can be used at this level that do not require rotation so just go to someone that will do it safely. If anything the physiotherapy groups in Canada (and hopefully the chiros) have learned from this and are only using translational manipulations. If your practitioner cannot manipulate your neck without rotating it don’t go to them.

Physical therapists…please stop making us look stupid by denying the benefits of manipulation.
Chiropractors: admit the dangers and change the way you do things to make it safer. Thank You

October 30, 2010 at 8:54 am
(21) E.R. in New York, NY says:

I was injured by a chiropractor. I remember the date exactly: July 9, 2010.

I’m not saying that he did it intentionally, but I do believe his intention was not really to make me feel better but to increase his business. Why? Because I was completely fine before seeing him: there was nothing wrong with me. I had strained a lower back, went to my GP, who declared it was just a muscle strain– then said, “Take a couple of Advil and you’ll be fine… by the way, here is my chiropractic colleague; you should see him.” (So, yes, I also think my GP was trying to help this chiropractor increase his business since they shared the same office space. I’ve known my GP close to 10 years; he periodically gets now “renters” in his office space, so it was in the GP’s interest to help the chiropractor pay his rent.) So, I listened to the GP and made an appointment with the chiropractor.

Than night, I took a couple of Advil and, lo and behold, I was just fine the next day. I went to the chiropractor that afternoon and told him this– “Hey, I’m fine. I don’t have any pain. Just coming in because I had the appointment and wanted to let you know.” He did a complete “intake interview” anyway; I use scare quotes around the words “intake interview” because I realize now that I was the subject of a hard-sell. Despite feeling fine, the chiropractor began to convince me that I might have other problems. He had same-day x-rays done, examined them, and said my spine had “abnormal” curvatures, that “subluxation” in my spine might even have caused a sinus problem I had earlier in the year. He could fix all this, he said. Before I knew it, he took payment for three months of treatment in advance.

After third session, something went terrible wrong. My entire body felt wrong: pounding pain and inflammation in by back, my legs, feet and right arm were alternating from tingling to numb. My heart rate had increased, which I thought was also caused by the chiropractor, but now think it was anxiety related to the pain. That night, I went to the emergency room and got checked out. I had all motor functions, though my limbs were still numb or tingling and there was the pounding pain along my spine.

I didn’t go back to the chiropractor for obvious reasons. I check in with an orthopedist who, who did his own set of x-rays, to compare them with the chiropractor’s set, and an MRI. He noticed stenosis in my thoracic and lumbar area. It’s been almost four months now and I’m still in recovery. Over this time, it’s been complete hell: pins and needless all over my body, pain and soreness all along the back and neck, headaches, inability to sleep, anxiety, depression.

Symptoms have subsided somewhat at this point, but I’m still dealing with pain and tingling sensations. I’m told these kinds of injuries and take months, up to 18 or 24 in some cases, to fully resolve. One of the most difficult aspects of all of this is that I am (was) fairly athletic: I ran and went to the gym all the time. Now, I can’t run without aggravating my system and causing an increase in symptoms. And my physical therapist doesn’t want me to do any weight lifting yet. Running and working out were the primary ways I liked to relieve stress in my life; staying fit is very important to me. That is gone… temporarily, I still hope.

I accept responsibility for going to the chiropractor. However, I don’t think he or my GP had my best interest in mind, but rather only the interest of increasing their business, and violated a physicians first principle: primum non nocere, or, first, do no harm. There was nothing wrong with me and, yet, I was convinced by a man in a white lab coat to take on unnecessary treatment, which lead to a spinal injury. We are susceptible to those in authority: if you’re doctor suggests you see someone, you probably go. If that person, who in his white lab coat, tells you that you need ABC treatment, you probably follow through–particularly if you’re rushed through the whole process without having a chance to think abou it or get alternative opinions. That’s what happened here and, to boot, i wasn’t to help my health but to make money. I’m convince of that, and this sort of thing is an abuse of power.

I still have not gone back to the chiropractor who hurt me. During this time of recovery, I wanted to keep my stress level low and not deal with it. He still have my advanced payment for the three months of treatment, and it’s about time I do deal with that.

Does this mean all chiropractors are bad? No, just the one who treated me. Some of my friend swear by chiropractic treatment. Personally, I’ll never go to one again myself.

My advice now to the community out there is to think very hard before taking on chiropractic treatment. Take your time. Get second, third or even fourth opinions. If you’re actually suffering from something (unlike me!), talk to an orthopedist specializing in spines, nero specialist, or others. If you do decide to go with a chiropractor, do thorough interviews among several choices: be sure to choose one who claims that his work can only help in the limited realm of some kinds of pain or discomfort– and *not* ones who think that chiropractic treatment is a cure-all for everything from sinus troubles to the common cold. That latter kind is a quack.

November 3, 2010 at 7:07 pm
(22) Donald in Boise says:

hi,I am a 49 yr. old who suffers from chronic pain with two neck fusions,bulging disks, degenerative ect..I was persuaded into going to a chiropractor and sucked into the shpeil that all my problems were due to my bones needed cracked and my neck needed un naturaly twisted and torqued on. after about five visits and no pain relief I left the office and twenty min. later i felt a pop in my head and a slow onset of a so called mild stroke.I could not hardly speak, my face was numb, dizzy, tingling,etc. fortunately I did get better after a couple of weeks, but there is no doubt in my mind it was caused by the neck manipulation. one of the problems I have is no insurance and the e.r. bill alone is around ten grand.I asked the chiro. if she would help with the bill and she sounded offended and would half to think about it. Well I never herd from her again even after several attempts of getting a hold of her.I’ve talked to several lawyers here in the Boise area and they said basically it was not worth their time and good luck! Has anybody else had a similar experience? Maybe small claims court? thanks for any help/advice

November 30, 2010 at 3:02 am
(23) seattle chiropractor says:

A few lifestyle changes can improve our nation’s health and save our country a lot of money: Eat less food. Eat healthier food. Exercise. Don’t smoke. Get adjusted by your chiropractor. These simple lifestyle choices all have a positive long-term impact on your health and would drastically reduce the cost of nation’s health-care.

February 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm
(24) Maggie says:

Any stroke is a tragedy for all involved and certainly should not be taken lightly. The idea that chiropractic manipulation is the cause and culprit for these VBAI(Verterbrobasilar Artery Injuries) however is unfounded and follows faulty logic. While there are cases of manipulation being proximal to strokes, it does not follow that we assume the relationship to be causal. Adhere to that line of thinking and the proximity of my jumping up and down to an earthquake could leave me responsible for a tsunami. The release of an embolus can happen at any time and move virtually anywhere in the body. Many studies have also shown that spinal manipulation therapy does not have the ability to cause even microdamage in arterial tissue! [1] Cervical manipulation by a trained and certified practitioner cannot cause a VBAI. Chiropractic treatment is shown to be safe and effective as well as preventative and palliative for many problems. It is important to gather quality information regarding your personal health and use that information to make educated and well-informed decisions regardless of the manner of healthcare you wish to receive. Unfortunately dangerous claims like ‘chiropractors cause strokes’ gain momentum by riding the tails of cultural authority dominated by mainstream, pharmaceutical based ideas, and by sensationalist lawsuits that feed on them. Chiropractic is holistic, non-invasive and safe.

1. Microstructural Damage in Arterial Tissue Exposed to Repeated Tensile Strains
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2010 (Jan); 33 (1): 14–19

April 25, 2011 at 7:49 am
(25) tracie williams says:

does any one know of a attorney willing to take on a chiropractor,ive been suffering for 18 months. through no fault of mines. i walk upright into my chiros office. left with a limp,2 ruptured discs and a pinched nerve.its unfair i cant take care of my kids, they are taking care of me.i cant go shopping, i cant work,cook i cant do anything requiring o standing for 5 seconds.im taking 14 pills of motrin every 4 to 6 hours.

August 18, 2011 at 5:12 am
(26) hurtby chiropractor in ireland says:

I went to chiropractor with little pain and she put me in agony, it was in Malahide Co dublin. I would definately not recommend Chiropractor for your own health. I spent nights in agony with so much pain and pain killers and suffering. Everytime she (the Chiropractor touched me she hurt me even more, disaster. Do not go to Chiropractor, the worst decision I ever made in my life.

October 9, 2011 at 11:59 pm
(27) Bethany says:

December 26, 2009, Dr. Thomas A. Siwa in Omaha, Nebraska injured me while performing a manipulation. He was talking and not paying attention to what he was doing. I told him I was not ready for the adjustment and he said shhh, quit being a baby, it’ll just take a second… and he put half his weight on me and made an adjustment. I had had my left leg with knee pointing to the right, over the top of my right leg. My leg wasn’t high enough and my lower back wasn’t arched. I suffered an injury to my hip. Since that same day I have had numbness and tingling in my right leg. It has gotten better with time, but EVERY SINGLE DAY I feel it. Some days are worse than others. I have sciatica pain in my left leg, knee, and especially hip. I have lost 40% of feeling in my crotch, yes I said crotch….

It is awful. DO NOT DO CHIROPRACTIC MANIPULATION. The reason I went was because of stomach aches I always had. Those subsided after my first manipulation. He cured my stomach aches with a basic adjustment. I think I had a disc that was pushing against my stomach, it’s the only thing that makes any sense.

But, now I have chronic sciatica and severe lower back, hip, knee, and foot pain… NOT WORTH IT.

December 2, 2011 at 8:35 am
(28) christine says:

I went to the chiropractor for my shoulder ache, I said I am fine from the ribs down. next thing I knew I had an adjustment on my left hip. I was woken in the night with sciatic pain I am sooooo sorry I ever went as I am being given the run around, having xrays etc. I would love to know what I can do

February 26, 2012 at 3:48 pm
(29) Kerri says:

I had this happen to me in 2009. I

April 13, 2012 at 6:00 pm
(30) donna says:

husband went to chiropractor for back pain and was told to use the ‘wobble chair’ before the adjustment. It is a stool with handles that has a wobbly shaft so the patient wobbles side to side to stregthen the lower back. The shaft (pedestal) broke, throwing my husband to the floor. He had to have surgery for a torn labrum and is still in a sling. He will have months of physical therapy. We have to hire someone to do all the labor he used to provide at home. He has lots of pain still. Is this worthy of a lawsuit?

May 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm
(31) suny says:

Wondering if anyone who has been injured by a chiropratic adjustment has healed. I was injured by Dr. Colter in NJ .. He is my primary care doctor to decided to treat my pulled muscle in my back with a very aggressive manipulation. He ruptured a disk and moved a bone. Pain every day for 7 months with sciaticia in both hips and legs.
Depression now because he took my life from me. Will my body heal?
Did PT. Medications Steroids, you name it. sad in NJ

May 15, 2012 at 12:09 pm
(32) jason says:

I feel for this woman but please understand the chances of this happening during a chiropractic adjustment are dismal. With that said, many people will be quick to read this story and associate it with the idea that chiropractors dont know what they are doing…which could not be any more false. Remember, stories like this are ALLLL TOO common among medical doctors and surgeons, yet we never hear about them. If you are interested in seeing a chiropractor do not let this story scare you away…there’s a reason chiropractors have the lowest liability rate among the doctorate branch.

July 20, 2012 at 3:49 am
(33) Vojnvpgj says:

sexyuksale, corsets uk sexyuksale.co.uk, corset sexyuksale.co.uk, cheap sexy lingerie

October 8, 2012 at 11:43 am
(34) nick says:

Chriropractic OVER TIME helps no one. I call it “pop, pop, peace!” Because that is all they do, pop your back and/or neck, and then you are on your way. Zero discussion of your lifestyle, how you sit, what chair you use, your exercise habits, etc..

So basically I healed my back and neck issues through Yoga and bringing awareness to how I am feeling.

After a chiropractic neck adjustment my vision would be blurry which I am sure was not helping me in any way, and could have even been a precursor to a stroke. It makes me so mad thinking about how little a chiropractor helps you.

For those that can see the big picture, it is like this: The back is basically like a suspension bridge. The bones are the girders and the wires are the muscles. If the golden gate bridge had some girders that were crooked or out of place (subluxated), would you just have some huge machine “pop” them into place?? Heck no! You would adjust the WIRES (THE MUSCLES), such that the bridge came into perfect balance naturally. That is it in a nutshell. Hope that helped someone. Because no one helped me figure this crap out.

October 26, 2012 at 10:46 pm
(35) nancy says:

am i an ass for being more bothered by the spelling of Edmonton in the article?

December 30, 2012 at 4:39 pm
(36) Jeremy says:

The greatest adjustment is not made in the spine, it is made in the attitude.

Any “holistic” therapy that does not incorporate an understanding of how attitudes affect health, is not holistic.

And any chiropractor who says their work is “non-invasive” (as one did above), needs to invest in a dictionary.

March 11, 2013 at 3:07 pm
(37) Jean says:

Ever since I’ve seen a chiropractor, rather than fixing my back stiffness and soreness, it has made matters much, much worst. I can’t lift anything without having extreme pain that “takes the wind out of my sails.” Orthopedic surgeons just want to treat me with drugs…REALLY. Not my first choice. So I take it as easy as I can and become a useless piece of crap of a human being.

March 25, 2013 at 8:53 am
(38) John Sullivan says:

Any reasonable person who examines the evidence will see Chiropractic is quakery.

April 5, 2013 at 3:36 pm
(39) nick says:

Jean, try to get into yoga, and take some extra mineral supplements such as calcium and magnesium to rebuild your bones. Anything can be fixed, but you got to do it yourself and not look for answers from doctors.

February 20, 2014 at 12:15 am
(40) renee says:

Anyone who has had neck or spine injury from a chiropractor, can you please email me your story.
My husband went to chiro fine came home with exploded dick c5 c6, surgeon said disk was in 3 pieces in his neck.
Chiro claims he did not do it, claims adjustment can not
Cause ruptured disk.
I would appreciate any emails
Jeffhullpaving@hotmail.com
Renee

March 20, 2014 at 8:07 pm
(41) Cheryl says:

Renee
THe same thing happened to me after a manipulation of my neck. My disc ruptured and is now pushing on my spinal chord and I have severe damage to my nerves and arm. This was an osteopath. Never never would I go back to these people. My quality of life has been totally change. The surgeons want to operated but I am so scared. These people need to be regulated and not protected.

March 26, 2014 at 1:15 pm
(42) Annette says:

I would just dare those that let this persuade them against chiropractic care to research the numbers of medical and surgical mistakes compared to those of chiropractic injuries. It is virtually unheard of. I would try chiropractic any day before I would undergo surgery on my spine. I am a RN and have seen many back surgeries and none (ZERO) give the patient pain free results that they expect. Compare that to chiropractic back pain relief testimonies. Sure it’s not permanent, but if it works, why not keep going?