A crick in the neck can be painful...and even just plain annoying. It can also be difficult to shake. Have you ever gotten rid of a "crick in the neck" on your own? Share what worked for you -- and what didn't.
HELP!! CANT STAND THIS!!!
- i woke up at 10:30 with a crincked neck and everyone just said move it and it will go in 5 mins so i tried and tried to move it and now its 9:00 and i still have it. curse you crincked neck!!!!!!!! plz help me out. :-(
- —Guest miss w
ughh I hate cricks
- Ok back in August in 2011 I had my first crick and I tried icyhot, ice heating pad , rubbing it. it still did not work and it is the Middle of February 2012 and I STILL HAVE A HORRIBLE CRICK! Should I go to the doctor?
- —Guest guest78
- I usually get a rice bag and heat it in the microwave and put it around my neck for awhile. After that I move it around and it stops hurting. Works for me every time :).
- —Guest Ally Cat
To help a crick.....
- I use a heating pad, or stick on heat, such as Tylenol's. I use this off and on. TI also tke an anti-inflammatory, such as ibuprofen, as frequently as recommended. I make sure I keep moving a normal amount, but I don't try to do anything that hurts. Laying around will stiffens it up more. Good luck!
- —Guest crick help
- I can't move my head in any direction except down. Heat doesn't help. Meds don't help. This is NOT fun. Plus I need to pop my back and because I can't move my neck, I can't pop!
- —Guest --
crick ugh it hurts
- my neck hurt so bad,i cant sleep an im pregnant on top of that
- —Guest mrs nash
the crick strikes another
- I'm having my first crick and i got it this morning when I woke up. The pain has gotton worse and nothings working any ideas of what to do? I hope so.
- —Guest brettabc3
No such thing
- There is no suck thing as a "crick". For me, it was a rib out of place causing pain and muscle spasm. Very simple fix . . . I went to a chiropractor. My crick was so bad I could 't walk. I went in telling him I had a crick in my neck . . . he popped the rib and I was better the second it went into place
- —Guest MrsW
Rub it and move it
- In my experience, there is really no way to help a crick in your neck other than rub and move.
- —Guest lady monkey
A horrible crick
- What I do is put a heating pad On my neck when I'm about to go to bed. It helps a lot and it is very soothing.
- —Guest Help is here
- I have had the same crick in my neck for the pass 4 days. I can't turn my head to the right or look down. MY NECK IS STIFF! I tryed everything icy hot, hot rag and pain killers. Nothing works.
- —Guest SacoyaStevens
Cricked neck me too
- I have a huge pain as in a crick on the left what should I do
- —Guest Me
GAH WHAT THE HECK?!
- ok so today i woke up amd my neck hurt a little so im like wateva and then when i went to my friends house it was like omg ow my neck and then a couple hours later
im like ow ow ow because i can even bend
my neck back or turn to the right and so i went to my neighbor shes a nurse i asked her is she had any tolenal or however you spell it and she did so i took it so i relized i need to sleep so i can relax and let the medicing kick in but guess what i have a lil cant sleep thing so ugh what do i do?
- —Guest ihateneckpains
crick in neck
- There's a painful crick in my neck. I'm trying my best to get rid of it as soon as possible.
- —Guest deborah
ugh , HELP ME !!
- Ok, so I woke up this morning with a crick in my neck and it hurt so bad that I couldn't even move. I put a hot towel on where the pain was but, it didn't make a difference. I moved my head around & side to side . But it hurt so bad, I didn't even wanna do that. My mom kept asking too crack it but I was to scared.
- —Guest Shantaviaaa