Soft tissue is a term that refers to structures of the body that connect, envelope, support and/or move the structures around it. Examples of soft tissue include:
- muscle, which supports and moves bones
- tendons, which connect muscles to bones
- ligaments, with connect bones to bones
- synovial tissue, which is the material that makes up joint capsules
- fascia, which surrounds the musculoskeletal components, giving upright integrity to the human form
- and other structures such as nerves, blood vessels and fat.
Also Known As: muscle, tendon, ligament, fascia